The Museum

The museum is a collection of historic buildings which are situated on the Logan Village Green.  The Green is bounded by Wharf,  River and Logan Streets.  There are two buildings original to the site, therefore heritage listed.  The other buildings have been moved to the complex and renovated.  All buildings except for the upper floor of the old school, and the new Railway Hut have wheel chair access.

The Museum house is the original Fettlers Cottage at Buccan, near Stegeman Road. This was moved to its current position in the mid 1980s.  It was first used as a second hand shop before becoming our pride building for the Museum.  The Museum was officially opened in 1989 the bicentennial year.  

The new Pioneer Hall was built with assistance of a grant from the Logan City Council.  This was completed in August 2016. This is looking at the hall from the River Street entrance.  

The Railway Hut is the latest addition to our Buildings.  These were found all of Queensland of the same build, used for storing items until the next train would arrive.  This building has had a chequered history.  Its origin is unknown other than it came from the Old Beaudesert Shire Council area.  It was moved to Palen Creek prison farm for use as housing for 2 prisioners.  It was then moved to the Logan Village Riding Club behind Olive Merv Musch's park.  For many years it was used and after many floods and damage it was no longer needed.  So by courtesy of Logan City Council's, Councillor Laurie Koranski's Community fund, it now situated on the Green.  

The Dance Hall was built cir 1866 in Quinzeh Creek Road.  It was moved to the corner of Wharf and Albert Streets cir 1887.  After this it was used for various reasons, blacksmith shop, garage and store area.  It was dismantled and donated to the Village Green in the early 1990s.